At the request of my wife I’m watching The Bachelor. Basically, the premise is a bunch of women try and win the heart of one man, all at the same time. One guy gets to sample a relationship with about 25-30 women. As the show goes on the guy has to eliminate them one per week or sometimes two by not giving them a rose. At one point in the show the women will begin falling in love with this guy. Because this is exactly how my wife fell in love with me(SARCASM). Get use to the sarcasm because it will be used a lot:) He gets to travel every week to some tropical paradise and do things that only multimillionaires do. That’s basically the show in a nutshell.
Eight (SARCASTIC) lessons learned from the show: For you who may not know what that word means – Sarcasm or being sarcastic is a way of speaking in which what is said is the opposite of what is meant.
8. I don’t really have to know someone to fall in love with them.
7. In order to know that my potential bride and I can make it through the tough times of life we must be helicoptered to a private island with all the tools to survive, catch fish with a net and make a fire. If you can make it through that, you can make it through anything.
6. There is a spark I need to feel. The only way I can do that is if I take vacations to beautiful places I can’t pronounce.
5. It’s ok to kiss all the girls without making a commitment to any of them. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!
4. It’s ok if I lead all the girls along as if they are closer than the other girls to being with me.
3. Weeding out my future bride can be done by going on group dates with girls as-well-as one on one dates. There is just a lot more that I can learn when I spread myself thin and give each girl a fraction of my attention instead of my full attention.
2. There is nothing wrong with seeing 25-30 people at the same time as long as they know each other.
1. I can juggle relationally 25-30 woman at the same time and keep them all happy. I could be wrong…hope not.
While this maybe funny, it’s crazy that people would sign up for it. And for the record I haven’t learned anything of value on that show. I believe there is a huge chance these people are pursuing the fame.
So are the people on the show ACTORS or REAL PEOPLE TRYING TO FIND LOVE? Leave a comment and let me know what you think.